This unique garment was inspired by the Skate (similar to a sting ray) egg cases also known as the devils pocket book.
Corset consists of a hand painted leather exterior with 100% silk lining.
Poseable segmented metal shoulder cage, fringe and waist tentacles
Spiral steel boning and metal aglets on laces
The skirt is a combination of 100% woven metal fabric, hand dyed silk and crinkled metallic silk. It is structured with hand stained bamboo linked to a leather fitted belt, that laces up the back.
waist: 23"-27" hips: adjustable
This is a one of a kind garment created for MYTHAUS, an ongoing collaboration between designer Paloma Soledad and fine artist Robb Kramer. By combining Kramer’s abstract expressionist techniques and Soledad’s elegant sensibility, these limited edition garments are truly a union of art and fashion.
Care and storage:
Do not dry clean. Spot clean if necessary.
If not stored on a mannequin, simply hang skirt on clip hanger or put corset in padded container.
Corset wearing and storage instructions:
- All corsets have ¼” spiral steel boning, for maximum comfort and movement. These corsets are intended for fashion only and not to be used for waist training.
- Always loosen laces before putting on and taking off corset.
- Start tightening laces by evenly pulling the excess, then working your way towards hanging laces from the opposite end.
- When undressing: loosen the laces at the back as much as needed, before slipping over your head.
- After wearing, let the corset air out overnight, exposing the lining.